Connect with an insurance agent today.
Your recreational vehicles can be insured just like your car is insured. Liability, physical damage, medical expenses, and roadside assistance coverage are all part of a robust recreational vehicle policy. We know you value your recreational time and we want to help you protect your boat, bike, or ATV in the event of an accident. We’ll help you determine your needs based on your vehicle’s age, replacement value, and potential for damage.
Contact us today or call us at (201) 568-5001 for boat, motorcycle & ATV insurance in NJ, NY & PA.
A watercraft presents special needs for insurance. Even if you’re not legally obligated to insure your boat, it’s a good idea to protect your boat and its passengers in the event of an accident. Birtwhistle & Livingston offers affordable boat insurance packages to give you peace of mind, whether you’re sailing the seas or fishing the lakes.
Benefits of Boat Insurance
Although boat accidents occur at a lower rate than car accidents, they can be just as (if not more) expensive. Boat insurance has many benefits that make it worth considering:
- Flexible coverage options – Boat insurance comes with a wide range of liability limits, deductibles, and additional coverage options for highly customizable premium amounts. You can also put your boat under an umbrella policy with your home and car.
- Property damage coverage – Boat insurance is able to provide property damage coverage, which will save you from having to cover steep bills that will arise after any type of accident.
- Medical coverage – Boat insurance protects you and others from medical costs associated with injuries sustained during accidents involving your boat.
- Liability coverage – If you are at fault in a boat accident, your boat insurance’s liability coverage will pay for damage done to the other watercraft.
- Affordability – Boat insurance is surprisingly affordable, owing to the fact that boat incidents are less likely than car accidents. The customizability of boat insurance also makes it easy to achieve a premium within your budget.
Just as with cars, most states require motorcycle owners to purchase liability insurance so you can cover costs if you are at fault in an accident. It’s also a good idea to choose extra coverage to protect yourself, your passengers, and your motorcycle. In addition to liability coverage, motorcycle insurance can include:
- Collision – Compensates you for damage to your motorcycle in an accident.
- Comprehensive – If your motorcycle is stolen or damaged by something other than collision with another vehicle, comprehensive coverage will pay you for the value of your motorcycle or the cost of repairs.
- Medical payments – Pays for injuries sustained by you or your partner during an accident. This coverage is not available in every state.
- Personal injury protection – Covers medical bills for you, your passengers, or pedestrians involved in an accident with you. This type of coverage pays out regardless of who is deemed faulty. It is not available in every state.
Currently there are no states in the US with laws requiring ATV owners to insure their vehicles. However, you may be required to carry bodily injury and property damage liability insurance to ride your ATV in certain places. It’s also a good idea to secure coverage to protect yourself, your passengers, and your investment. ATV insurance can cover some or all of the following areas:
- Bodily injury liability – Covers damages for other people who are injured or killed in an accident involving your ATV.
- Property damage liability – Pays for damage caused by your ATV to others’ property or belongings.
- Medical payments – Covers any medical expenses for injuries sustained by those riding your ATV.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist – Pays out if you or someone riding your ATV is injured by someone without insurance, or with insufficient insurance.
- Collision – Covers damage to your ATV caused by a collision with another vehicle or by overturning.
- Comprehensive – Covers damages to your ATV caused by anything other than a collision with another vehicle. It also covers losses due to theft, vandalism, and natural disasters.
Choose Birtwhistle & Livingston for Recreational Vehicle Insurance
While you’re riding with the wind in your hair on your recreational vehicle, let Birtwhistle & Livingston take care of preparing you for any event. We’re committed to your health, safety, and peace of mind, all of which will only increase your enjoyment of your boat, motorcycle, or ATV. We’ll provide guidance and insight as we help you develop the best protection for your vehicle.
Call us at (201) 568-5001 or contact us online to insure your boat, motorcycle, or ATV in NJ, NY & PA.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 9am-4:45pm
Saturday - Sunday Closed
71 East Palisade Avenue
Englewood, NJ 07631